What to do in Paris if you visit the city during the summer?
When travelling to Paris in August, you’ll see that most of the locals are gone. But it doesn’t mean the city stops, quite the opposite actually. Let’s discover what Paris has best to offer, based on your mood.
1. Summer exhibitions in Paris for families, friends and fellow artists: Choose your art show here
2. Be savvy: Skip the crowd with nocturnal museum openings in Paris: Most of Paris museums are open at night
3. Quartier d’été: Your eclectic cultural summer festival in Paris: Art is all around town
4. The Swedish Institute Cafe’s secret summer garden is your favorite chill spot in Le Marais district
5. Summer of the Canal: Discover North Paris along the Canal de l’Ourcq
6. Balades en Seine: Discover Paris region and its relationship with Impressionism
7. Your two unusual monumental summer rooftops in Paris: You won’t believe it!
8. Want to discover a urban farm? Tours organized by La REcyclerie, in North Paris for a cool and hipster local crowd
9. Your top 10 rooftops in Paris (also friendly, romantic and trendy moods!)
10. The Terrass” Hotel: Your 4-star hotel in Montmartre with a panoramic view on Paris: A romantic drink or dinner!
11. “Les Pestacles,” a children’s summer festival every Wednesday in Paris
12. “A Night at the Zoo”: Thursday sunsets surrounded by animals in Paris this summer: your kids will love this!
13. Travelling fair all summer long at the Jardin des Tuileries in Paris
14. Let your kid play with a toy-sailboat in the Jardin du Luxembourg: a true Parisian tradition.
15. La Maison Plisson, your trendy delicatessen in the Marais district
16. “Food & Relax”, a next-level street food festival this summer
17. Cool off on Rue de Seine in Paris with Grom’s artisanal gelato
> All our foodie tips and newest restaurants over here!
18. Outdoor cinema: Moving pictures under starry skies this summer in multiple locations all around Paris
19. Your top Canal de l’Ourcq summer hotspots in Paris: bars, restaurants, water activities and bobo leisure in East Paris
20. La Coulée Verte: Your green promenade and breath of fresh air in the city (like the skyline in New York)
21. This summer in Paris, where to party all week long with your friends: the complete list of parties, everyday
22. Your top 5 summer secret (or almost) hideouts for lovers in Paris
23. Lovers in Paris: What to do during warm and sunny days on the Left Bank, a most romantic stroll
24. The Bistrot des Dames, a most romantic hidden bar in a garden in North Paris
25. Paris Plages: Like every summer since 2002, the Seine banks turn into a sandy river front for a month
26. Your top 3 activities to cool off the heat wave this summer
27. For your picnics under the stars, 4 parks are open 24 hours to enjoy this summer in Paris
28. Beach Volley in front of City Hall? Part of Paris Plages, until August 16.
29. Your top 13 sun-kissed and lively summer terraces in Paris (also foody, friendly and romantic moods)
30. Secret garden on the Left Bank inside the Saint-Germain-des-Prés abbey.