Tourists often complain about high hotel rates in Paris and tiny rooms while France attracts more tourists than any other country in the world.
This is why five Paris hotels launched on Monday July 21st, 2014 a scheme allowing guests to pay what they want in an experiment that may be extended if successful and if clients don’t abuse it. Basically, guests will pay whatever they want, based on their impressions of the hotel, the room and the service.
The three- and four-star hotels taking part in the scheme are located in the city’s 9th and 11th arrondissements.
The hotels taking part have so far only set aside two to three rooms each under the scheme which will run until August 10, 2014 and will be available only to those who have made bookings through the eponymous website www.payezcequevousvoulez.net.
Here are the names and websites of the hotels.
- Plaza Opéra Hôtel***, 12 Rue de Maubeuge, 75009
- Paris Hôtel Villa Bohème***, 2 bis Cité Pigalle, 75009
- Hotel Villa Opera Lamartine***, 39 Rue Lamartine, 75009
- Le Grand Hotel Français***, 223 Boulevard Voltaire, 75011
- Hôtel d’Auvergne****, 10 Rue de la Tour d’Auvergne, 75009